1.1.2 – Describe the need for change management
Why is change management needed?
Change management is needed because people make planning difficult; and they make changing even more challenging.
Why does change need to be managed?
* Change management is a structured approach for ensuring that changes are thoroughly and smoothly implemented, and that the lasting benefits of change are achieved.
* The focus is on the wider impacts of change, particularly on people and how they, as individuals and teams, move from the current situation to the new one
* The change in question could range from a simple process change, to major changes in policy or strategy needed if
What are the positive factors in change management?
* Stakeholders accept and embrace change
* Maximum benefits from the system
* Minimal impacts upon organization culture(staff)
What are the negative factors in change management?
* Stakeholders reject change
* System does not bring benefits
* Disruptive impacts
* Staff feel threatened by new technologies